Guidelines for Writing an Excellent Analytical Research Piece
An analytical research document is an essential paper that a student must write to get graded and qualify in a particular discipline. It usually requires one to do a range of tasks that include sources accumulation, thesis formulation, and meticulous research work documentation. For this reason, the paper takes quite some time, and it is therefore imperative to have a breakdown of simple things you must carry out before the actual writing process to make it more efficient and less time-consuming.
Analytical Research Guidelines
- Get a clear definition of an analytical research piece before you start writing. You must familiarize yourself with the concept of an analytical paper. Ensure that you clearly understand that it is not about the summarization of other works. For you to know your trajectory, draw the information, and link it to your focal points rather than copy-pasting or paraphrasing a text.
- Understand how you need to start the analytical research writing process. It would help if you made a framework so that you kick-start your writing. Such a move will help you to concentrate besides providing you with the paper’s skeleton. You need to section the piece into an introductory portion, body, and the conclusion portion. The introduction should have the thesis statement, and its follow up account beside the hook. Within the body, you need to incorporate the subject sentences and relevant examples, while the conclusion should have the thesis restatement.
- Properly structure your research paper. The baseline for your analytical research piece should contain the introduction, body portion, and the conclusion just like many other papers unless stated otherwise by your instructor. The body should have three paragraphs with a typical presentation of the author’s stance concerning a particular issue. However, the last section should contain a counter-claim complete with its refutation backed by evidence. All in all, the outline effectively provides the research paper structure.
- Ensure a catchy introductory portion of your analytical research piece. Your introduction must capture the attention of your targeted audience.It should have three elements, namely, a hook, a thesis statement, in addition to a brief explanation of the thesis statement. The hook comprises the start of the introduction, and this has to attract the attention of the audience by bringing out a surprise element. Make use of an unusual or controversial statement, rhetorical question, or a statistics piece that is relevant. All this is to ensure the audience gets to read the thesis statement and continue reading the whole research piece.
- The paper’s body development. You have to develop the body of the research paper appropriately to ensure it captures everything it should. Four principal elements exist within an analytical article, and these include; the topic sentence, the claim, support evidence to back the claim, and finally, the link between the topic sentence and the evidence. Each topic sentence in each paragraph should cover a specific thesis statement aspect. The claim covers a particular topic sentence area and depicts your stand concerning the subject.You then need to support the claim with evidence and, after that, link the evidence with the topic sentence.
- A great conclusion to the research paper
You need to restate your thesis statement to conclude, and you can accomplish this by copy-pasting it from the introduction. After that, add some concluding words that will depict closure for the readers. You can also incorporate a recommendation or suggestion if there is any need for one.
The provided guidelines will help you write an excellent analytical research piece that will not only captivate but enlighten your readers.